Browser Compatibility Issues with Auxiliary Forms
Beginning with the Firefox 19 browser for Windows PCs, Firefox changed from using Adobe Reader to display PDF files, to using a built in emulator which does not support the editing functions needed for completing forms from the Auxiliary Forms Warehouse.
To fill in an Auxiliary form, members who use Firefox have two options:
- Switch to Chrome to fill in the form, or
- Stay with Firefox, but instead of displaying the form in Firefox, download the form to the desktop. To download the form:
- User Firefox to open the form by double clicking the link.
- Select “File/Save Page As…” from the top menu bar.
- Select your desktop for the destination location,
- Select “Save” to save the form to the desktop.
With the PDF file now being on the desktop, open Adobe Reader and select the form just downloaded. Complete the form as required and submit.
Using this technique of downloading the form and then using Adobe Reader to fill it in allows any browser to be used for filling in forms.
[This article was prepared by the IT Group on 8/20/13 and believed to be accurate as of that date.]